Sunday 16 March 2008

Spielmannsfluch

I took the AX into town and checked the tyre pressures and got a paper. I removed the hubcaps that were on it because they got in the way of the valves, and discovered that it has only three nuts per wheel. I'd forgotten that Citroen did that. I'm getting used to driving it but I'm really missing the sheer visibility that you had from the Discovery. But I do like that it cost £30 to fill up with diesel and after doing 50 miles, the fuel gauge hasn't moved from the top at all.

Also transferred the aux input cable to the AX to allow the Shuffle to be plugged in. I wasn't sure at first how to get the cable back out of the dashboard from the stereo, but I melted a hole in the dashboard with a soldering iron. Found that the ashtray makes a good place for the Shuffle to sit. Annoyingly I wasn't able to use the decent speakers from the Discovery as they are too small but the ones in there aren't actually too bad.

Did some digging around on the track because there's a couple of bits where the AX grounds out. I hate doing this, it's all stony making it really hard to dig with a shovel. Also found that the stream which is causing problems actually emerges from a spring which is actually in one of the ruts. I had thought it was coming out from the field and then flowing onto the track. This complicates things rather as I was hoping to find a way to redirect the water.

A side effect of the digging was that I realised how lax I've been over the last few months with exercise. I'm sure I've put on weight and I've got no energy. I need to get back into the routine I had going last October before I went to London.

Didn't do much else, watched Terminator 2 and 3 and currently listening to the In Extremo Live DVD, hence the title.

Might get Patapon for the PSP, seems like a fun game. I think the last game I got for the PSP was Me & My Katamari, and that was probably over a year ago.

Forgot to mention that I did my first blog entry on 13th March 2007. Scary how quickly that year has gone by...

Image is of a DEC MicroVAX II for no real reason other than I saw one once in a computer shop being used as a stool.

No comments: