Wednesday 26 March 2008

Random things

The AX is going in for a complete service tomorrow, including a timing belt and tensioner. It might cost a bit but it needs doing as I don't have any history with it. Still getting used to it but I'm getting more reconciled to driving it. For something so small, it's surprisingly comfortable. But one thing I noticed the other day was that when we all arrived in Snowdonia, once I got out, I had to stretch to iron out all the kinks. Never had that in the Discovery, not even after the 7 hour drive to Cornwall in 2006.

Nothing else to report really. It's been a quiet few days. At least at home, work has been...interesting.

You might remember the Telecaster guitar I was putting together last year. Well I lost interest in that because I don't like guitars, too many strings too close together. So I got rid of the nice neck, but I still had the body. As an experiment I put a bass neck on top of it to see what it would look like. The neck isn't the one it would have as it's been messed with when I was going to build an 8-string. A short-scale neck would be nicer too but you don't really see them as often for sale.

So the plan would be basically the same, maple neck and all black hardware. The problem is that the pickup routes are too small to accept bass pickups and the neck pocket is too small too. I don't have the skills to sort those out so I need to find someone local who is good with a router. Also any parts will have to be cheap due to the supposed Year of Thriftiness.

No comments: