Sunday 23 March 2008

HDRlarity

Not a productive day. Watched DVDs again, ate, and played with basses and things.

Took the string off the one-string bass and put several coats of ultra-tough varnish on the fingerboard like I did on the defretted Encore. Hopefully that will stop the string gouging into the wood and might make it sound better. It still needs a pickup of some sort. I might see about putting the pickups back on from the Whamola and attaching them properly this time. I think it needs a new string too, the one on it is totally dead. Also found that the defretted Encore sounds quite good through an Ableton Live ping-pong delay, and can make some interesting sounds if you slap it.

In the evening had a play with Photomatix on Will's recommendation, which is one of those programs that lets you make cool HDR photographs. I played around with some photos after making different versions in GIMP. Certainly interesting to play with and it can cause some very weird side effects. Like the one that Will did of me that made the eczema on my nose look like some pustulent infected sore.

No comments: