Saturday 29 March 2008

Itemised

1) Someone left in work so I have a new site. The day he left it had a network switch failure and I had to rebuild a PC. His leaving do was in a Thai place in Mold. The starter was spectacular, the main meal less so. Good evening all round though, with 14 people attending.

2) Car service was a little pricy but comprehensive and required. It still needs a speedo cable though.

3) Fretless bass arrived. Cosmetically challenged (body is made from 5 bits of wood) but it sounds great and is really nice to play, probably because other than being fretless, the neck is exactly the same as my main bass.

4) London tomorrow. Bah.

5) Went for a drive today with no particular destination in mind. Something I used to quite a lot when I was unemployed. Just get in the car and deliberately get lost. Satnavs are cheap now but while I'd really like one, it's not something I'd really use enough to justify getting one.

6) The Colour Of Magic is on Sky One right now. I wasn't convinced when they made the Hogfather and so far I really don't like this either. It's probably because I've read the book so often my vision of it is firmly implanted in my head, and also because I can't fucking stand David Jason and he plays Rincewind completely and totally wrong.

No comments: