Monday 19 May 2008

Handholding a printer

Just had to print 13 pages on our somewhat temperamental HP LaserJet 4. It's a very old beast that I paid just £5 for at a car boot sale with a low page count of just over 17,000. I put a new toner and a JetDirect card in it and it's provided reliable service ever since.

However it has periods where paper jams as it exits the output rollers. I had to keep grabbing each sheet and pulling it gently out to stop it jamming. Like helping a decrepit old dog to eat or something.

I wish I could figure out how to fix it, as I like these printers. They are big and square and remind me of college. We had hours of fun using software to get the network LaserJet 4s to display strange messages like '54.5 Out of Crayons Error' and things like that. Well, maybe not hours.

No comments: