Thursday 22 May 2008

Indy 4

Well, my predictions of Indiana Jones 4 being utter, total shit were reasonably disproved. My first thought as the credits rolled was 'That was diabolical' but having thought about it and been corrected on a couple of things by Will, yeah, it was OK. Certainly not as good as any of the first three but it had that vague feeling of discomfort as the Star Wars prequels. They didn't go 'ho ho, he's old now' all that much which was good, and Shia LaBouf put in a good performance.

We were driving back and I realised that the car was up to 395 miles since the last fill-up and the ridiculous fuel gauge was more in the red than anywhere else. We stopped at a 24 hour garage where diesel was up to £1.25 a litre. The local Morrisons is up to £1.24. This is really getting silly now. My previous record on a tank is 410 miles simply because I just forgot to look at the gauge. Fortunately I was near a petrol station at the time. I think there is a warning light on the gauge but because it's so unreliable I don't want to risk it.

I am so glad I got rid of the Discovery when I did. I kind of wish that I'd got a petrol car instead of diesel though, they're cheaper to maintain and it looks like diesel is going up quicker than petrol. The place actually had a white petrol AX for the same price but I didn't actually look at it. Small diesel cars can be troublesome, for example the front springs on my AX are different because the diesel engine is heavier than the petrol one.

No comments: