Saturday 24 May 2008

Megadeth

Just recently I seem to have been getting into Megadeth more. Dave Mustaine is certainly a character, and often a bit of a cock, and seems to have managed to alienate everyone who has ever been in the band, but he does write good music. He may have formed the band to get back at Metallica after he was booted, but I think Megadeth have remained more consistent over the years. Metallica have never really been convincing since the black album to be honest. St Anger was a step in the right direction but it sounded so awful nobody cared.

I've had a couple of Megadeth albums for years, but thanks to the miracle of YouTube, I've been able to check out some more songs, and it's pretty good stuff.

It's not often I want to learn to play normal guitar but Megadeth is one of those bands that has that effect on me, especially a pointy V shaped one.

No comments: