Saturday 15 October 2011

Bah France

Yesterday was an OK day. It was Steve's last day and also Fat Friday with giant bacon baps, which is always good. Steve bravely went for the full house, basically a full breakfast in a bap, while I stuck to my normal sausage and egg. After work, went to the gym where I ment my sister and her boyfriend, and also saw Andy. I forgot my gym trousers so had to work out in my work trousers, embarrassing. Good workout though. Then I went to see the Unix guy who I've been covering as he needed a couple of things he'd left in the office. He's still suffering with his back and due to what appears to be staggering incompetence by the NHS doesn't have a clue what's going to happen.

Then it was down to Andy's for one of the most tense and astonishing matches of rugby I have ever seen. I'm not a massive fan and mainly go just to be sociable and hang out with friends, but even I was inclined to gloom around and mutter 'we was robbed' afterwards.

The weather has been astonishing today. I've not seen a sky so clear since the volcano that grounded all the aircraft, and I took Sandy for a walk to enjoy it. Did some work on the track and also brought the bike frame out to see what it looked like in the sunshine - nice! It looks pretty good except for the occasional hair stuck in the clear coat but that can be sorted out. It seems pretty dry but I'll leave it a while yet before trying to build it up again. Also watched a rather ghastly DS9 episode with Bashir pretending to be James Bond. Also watched the last two episodes of this series of Doctor Who, only to realise I missed the first episode of this group of them. Argh.

Back to Denbigh in a bit for Andy's birthday meal at the Italian, can't wait.

I need to sit down and actually have a look at what I eat because I think I've been in denial for quite some time. Also need some scales because I have no idea what I actually weigh at the moment. I don't really want to know but I need to so I've got some idea what I'm doing.

No comments: