Monday 17 October 2011

Tiny tiny tiny

Well, today was a good day. The backup system didn't do anything too terrible, and I managed to avoid the vending machine and not drink Coke, so I felt good all day long. Cereal for breakfast, a salad filled bap for lunch and squash. I think it definitely helped my state of mind.

D&D this evening. It was a ghastly battle, and then suddenly everyone except me was hurled into a deep pit, and I was left to fight two skeletons, a skeleton mage, a giant spider that could teleport all by myself. It was difficult. But we managed to get it back until it got too late to continue.

Financial slipup is a Sony Vaio P. I don't normally rate Sony laptops, but what they do well is the slightly crazy experimental stuff like the handheld UX range and the tiny P series. It's bloody small and has a ludicrous 8" 1600x768 display. Not the most powerful of machines with a 1.3ghz Atom, 2gb RAM and a 60gb 1.8" hard drive, but it'll be fun to play with and if I get bored of it I could probably flip it for what I paid for it, which was a fraction of the original retail price.

No comments: