Thursday 20 October 2011

Healthy fail

Yesterday evening was Steve's leaving do at the Chinese. He must have made quite an impression to get a leaving do after two and a half weeks. The venue was the Prosperity in Rhuddlan, which was excellent as always. The seven of us had the banquet, which worked out really well.

Today was a bit frustrating as I went into work to find that the update to the backup system failed to do anything at all to help with the problems.

Badminton was OK this evening, after playing so well last week I was quite shit tonight but it was still fun. In one game however I was playing with Rob and accidentally came up behind him while he was taking a shot and very nearly took a nasty smack to my gentleman's area, as it was it twinged for a bit.

Still enjoying the Vaio P. It's a great little thing. The performance is a little slow compared to the machines I am used to but that's OK. Disabling a few of the background services and switching to the classic Windows theme helped hugely though.

The screen resolution is really rather too high, but I've got used to it. For such a tiny machine though, the keyboard is great with my only complaint being the tiny right shift key. Even that isn't too much of a problem and is actually helping me to learn not to depend on the right shift key so much.

A nice touch is that since I put the SSD in, it's completely silent, as there's no fan. This bothered me a little at first, but it stays reasonably cool even under load. Also it's the first laptop I've seen in a long time that wasn't made in China, actually made in Japan.

No comments: