Saturday 22 October 2011

Didn't start well.

Today did not start well. I stood in a giant dog turd in my slippers, and accidentally knocked the water butt over when I was trying to clean them. Unfortunately, since it's about the same age as me it split and water went EVERYWHERE.

I went out to Mold to look at guitars as I'd already seen the one I thought would be nice, a Vintage VS6 which is a copy of a Gibson SG. Much cheaper but gets really good reviews. Unfortunately the shop in Mold had one and after I played it, it came home with me, even though it's black and I think SGs should only be cherry red. Still, at least it's a bit less of an Angus Young wannabe. It's so much better than the frankensteined things I've been faffing with for years. Also it sounds great standard so I'm not going to start pulling to bits.

I'll put the bits of my old ones on Ebay to try and get some cash back, and I think I need to rationalise the basses a bit too. The Ashbory can go, while it's fun, the silicone strings are such a pain in the arse I just can't be bothered.

On the way home, stopped off at Rob and Em's to pick up some more of their spare hardcore for the track. Rob came back with me and we did some work on the track, filling in some holes and unclogging a water channel. It made quite a difference and stood up to being driven over a few times, which was good.

No comments: