Saturday 5 May 2012

Fatty fatty

Thursday was an average day in work, and badminton in the evening. It was delicious pork casserole and bread, which was great. Also got to see Rob and Em's remodelled living room. With the newly varnished floor and rearranged furniture, it's difficult to tell it's the same room, amazing. Getting rid of the retro 70's carpet has made such a difference. Also Steve has had an offer accepted on a house, which looks great.

Friday was another meh day in work and had a quiet evening. Annoyingly the Prelude developed a ticking sound in the engine which doesn't seem to affect it much except make the exhaust note rougher. Regardless, I'm not spending any money on it. Today, my Dad and I washed and polished it before taking pictures and listing it on Ebay. Then, on Tuesday, it'll be time to hit the car auction but I'm letting Rob, Em, Rob P and Steve pick the car for me. I've done spectactularly badly at choosing cars recently so I'm leaving it entirely in their hands - whatever they think suits me best for £1000. I won't lie - I absolutely adore the Prelude, but I now have to own up and admit it was one of my frequent jaunts into automotive insanity. I did hope it would last until next payday though.

My cousin Pauline was down today so we hung out while we weren't polishing the car and then went to the Prosperity Chinese. Pauline likes it a lot because they cater very well to vegetarians, and have a whole page of specific dishes. We had a really good meal so I now feel very fat indeed. The chocolate fudge cake was delicious but perhaps a mistake.

I have been really shit with exercise and food recently, and I'm really starting to feel it. But I just can't get motivated to get to the gym or anything. I think I'm going to cancel the gym membership and try to find some other way of exercising.

Got the 2nd part of The Walking Dead season 2 to watch, and also the rest of Battlestar Galactica, and then Skyrim. Not sure what I want to watch/play first. Probably BSG. I'm still not sure about Skyrim. I think it looks like a great game but I'm not sure if I want to start investing that much time into a new game when I should be trying to get some exercise.

No comments: