Wednesday 2 May 2012

So...Skyrim

Work was OK, yet more data shuffling and another guilty lunch from a place in town that simply kicks arse. It's run by a scarily energetic woman who seemingly conjures up random but incredibly tasty menus from nowhere. The worst is her milkshakes which are made with double cream, and the giant monster toffee cake. Delicious but so, so wrong.

I fired up Skyrim this evening. I'm not sure what to think yet. I'm quite impressed at the character creation though, with the variety of races. I ended up being a human, but one that is good at magic, since I always tend to go for that kind of thing. After the intro bit, it basically just goes, here's the world, explore. I chose a random side mission and just followed the indicator in the most direct way possible, perhaps not the best way though since there were a lot of hills and wolves that didn't like me. Also everyone I meet says I look awful and according to the stats I've got a disease but so far I haven't found a way to look at myself yet so I'm not sure what they mean. Oh well. After a lot of traipsing through snow I made it to a college where I can apparently learn magic. Yay. We'll see. I've heard the game is stupidly big so I don't know, it might be too big.

The world is pretty amazing though. Several times on my travels I simply stopped and looked around as some of the scenery is absolutely incredible. Also the lack of loading screens or anything like that really makes it feel like a gigantic world.

Watched the first episode of the second half off Walking Dead season 2. Interesting.

No comments: