Thursday 24 May 2012

Stoned Kebab Match

Not much to report except we had a very entertaining match at badminton. We had previously indulged in a BBQ at Rob and Em's so were full of burgers and kebabs, but this somehow led to a match which was pure comedy. We forgot the score at least twice had a couple of 'I AM STRONGER THAN YOU' rallies. The funniest bit was when I somehow managed to hit the shuttle straight down in front of me at incredible speed, losing the point. Rob then served to me, sarcastically saying 'Are you ready?', at which point I smashed it back at him causing him to recoil out the way. It was far funnier than I can express in words somehow, but we did name the match 'The Stoned Kebab Match', deciding that there were more than just herbs in the lamb and mint kebabs I had bought for the BBQ.

Had a meeting in Chester with an outside supplier about various Unix related stuff. The migrations I'm working on have suddenly got a lot more complicated due to big changes in how the storage will be handled, although it makes a lot of sense. I've got a lot to learn when it comes to SANs and storage technology, but like the backup system, it's not really something you can easily practice with at home.

It's still hot. The Astra has done nearly 448 miles since I filled it up with diesel and it still has over a quarter of a tank left. I really like the way it drives too. I've decided that if it breaks, I will fix it. Unless it REALLY breaks, in which case I'll get another one. Yes, I like it that much. Having had one of these and a Focus of the same age, I have to say I prefer the Astra.

No comments: