Sunday 20 May 2012

Supreme geekiness

Today was a good day. I was supposed to be meeting Steve and Rob P at the Alwen to go round it on my bike with them for their run, but I woke up far too late to even consider it. Also my only bike was my ancient mountan bike and I haven't had time to pump the tyres up or anything.

At lunchtime I picked up a new bike anyway, a Specialized Hardrock from a guy in work. It's a much newer one than the one I got for free a few months ago, much lighter and with disc brakes. Also because he's barely used it, it's in really good nick and everything works.

After that I headed down to hang out with Rob. First we tried out the starship simulator Artemis, using the demo. It said it supported two players, but we didn't realise we needed three machines, one to act as the server and viewscreen. Still, it gave us an idea of what it's like and with suitable equipment and people, it looks like a lot of fun. Then we had a retro fest by firing up Tony Hawk 3 on the Xbox, which neither of us had played for years. It was a really good laugh but took some getting used to again.

Then it was off to the Prosperity to meet up with Em and others who had been having a girly watch of the new Johnny Depp film. We all had banquets so it was a fat evening. Combined with the Italian on Friday, it's been a very fat an expensive weekend!

Work tomorrow.

No comments: