Tuesday 15 May 2012

Weekend of variety

Friday was another half day in work. My Dad and I put some fuel in the Astra and I brought it home. It cost £70 to fill the tank, which was pretty much empty, but hopefully that will last a long while.

Saturday was a really good day. It was the Go Ape experience with a load of work colleagues and Rob. I hadn't had time to read up on it so had no idea what to expect, but it was really good fun. After a little while, being 30 feet in the air while climbing over various obstacles becomes second nature, although it was very testing of body strength. It came as something of a shock when I had to climb up a net and found it very hard because my arms were crying mercy.

After that we had lunch (very nice burgers!) and headed out onto the mountain bike trail with hired bikes. Again I had never really ridden a proper mountain bike trail, but it was amazing fun. It was only the basic track, but it still had banked curves and little jumps and things. The bike had front suspension and hydraulic disks, and was quite a revelation to ride - fantastic. The others went round again but Em and I admitted defeat due to tiredness and had some cake in the sunshine.

Sunday was spent largely lying around in an aching heap, but in the evening it was off to Llandudno with Andy and Maz to see the Berlin Symphony Orchestra. I was inititally a bit dubious if it would be my thing, but I decided to go. We had Pizza Hut first, which was surprisingly good and probably one of the best meals I've had from there, and then headed into the place. I've never actually seen any classical music live, and I was quite blown away by it. Somehow it's much better live, with all the instruments right there. It was really good, definitely would do that again.

Yesterday and today have been fairly OK with work and various things. The Astra went in for a service today and had some extra work done as it had a broken rear spring, knackered rear brake pads and a faulty handbrake cable. But it was all sorted and it's had a thorough service too, so it should be good to go. The guy at the garage was impressed at the condition of it given the high mileage.

No D&D this evening at the last minute due to an unexpected meeting for James. I was hoping we'd do something else instead but nothing was forthcoming so I watched some more of the new Walking Dead season 2 episodes. Only one episode left now, but so far it's been quite decent.

The Prelude auction ended on Saturday with no bids, annoyingly, so I relisted it. This time I had a question from a guy who seemed quite interested in it, so that's a good sign. So long as he doesn't want me to take the side skirts off and post them to Lithuania, that's fine by me.

Having one of those weeks where I consider my age and wonder if I have actually achieved anything. Bit sad to realise that I'm the only loser still stuck at home and single, which is becoming increasingly lonely as time goes by. I can't see it changing either, which is sometimes too depressing for words.

No comments: