Friday 18 May 2012

Stinky cheese

An extraordinarily tedious day in work, even though it wasn't much different. It just seemed to drag on, and on, and on. Oh well.

Birthday meal at local Italian place tonight, really good food as always. I had calamari and a gorgonzola pizza, which was delicious but enormous. Good fun. Rob and Em got me some Bacon Jam, which is interesting, can't wait to see what that is like.

The Astra is going well still. I'm rather impressed at how good it feels to drive after nearly a quarter of a million miles. I haven't found anything that doesn't work yet, and I think even the air con works. Not bad at all. So far I've done 185 miles in it since I filled it up a week ago and it's still got over three quarters of a tank left. It seems to be a more honest fuel gauge than the Prelude, which pretended everything was fine for ages and then suddenly plummeted.

Tomorrow is a giant geocaching trip on the Wirral, then I think I might have somehow been persuaded to ride around the Alwen with Rob P and Steve. Not sure about that one yet however.

No comments: