Wednesday 2 May 2007

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

My hair is getting big. Need to work out what I'm going to do with it. I only really didn't cut it to see what it looked like, as it's never been very long in about 9 years. What the hell do you do with curly hair anyway? I've hated having curly hair my entire life, to the point where I still feel uncomfortable eating bread crusts even now, having been informed at a young age that it would make your hair curl. Suggestions on a postcard to the usual address, but be warned, I'm not growing an afro, that caused me mental scars last time.

Dunno if anyone reads www.digg.com. It used to be good for tech stuff about a year ago, but then it got popular and now it's just a dumping ground for stupid stories about 12 year olds with shotguns, how marijuana is good for you, and various Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/Apple/Linux stories, usually with fanboys getting all het up about something. However there was an interesting episode the other night - the number above is very naughty. It allows you to descrypt HD-DVD, and Digg started to censor stories which mentioned it. Howver, a kind of revolt took place, and eventually the system was overrun with stories which mentioned the number in a roundabout way, and crashed. The moderators decided to just let the stories and comments run and to hell with the consequences. It even hit the BBC News.

In other news, Dell is going to support Ubuntu Linux on it's computers. This is certainly interesting news. I'm not hugely fussed about Dell, some of the hardware is OK, apart from it being weird and non-standard. But it is one of the biggest PC makers. It started using AMD processors, and now it's installing Linux? Intel and Microsoft must be pissed off, and perhaps slightly worried. I like Ubuntu, it does a lot of things right.

Sometimes you wonder what the entire point of life is. I wonder what it's like to actually have a purpose. For some people this is marriage and kids, for others it isn't. How odd.

Duality by Slipknot. I don't like Slipknot, I think they've done about four tracks I liked, but this is one of them. This track never fails to cheer me up, which I know makes no sense for a song that has 'I push my fingers into my eyes' as the first line, but for some reason it does.

No comments: