Tuesday 29 May 2007

Peculiarities of hideousness

There was no entry yesterday as just as I was about to start typing it, there was a massive flash of lightning and a HUGE crash of thunder, followed by a panicky minute or so unplugging all my various electrical things while rain poured from the sky like the very urine of God himself.

I've been passing a dead rabbit on the dog walk outside the village for about five days now, and I wish something or someone would take it away. It's been getting more and more manky since day 1 and it was pretty gory then. Eew.

After another session of Mario Strikers yesterday, playing against people online, I have decided never to play that game ever again. It is too frustrating, I find the controls annoying and stupid (the A button does different things depending on the circumstances) and the gameplay incomprehensible and repetitive and largely based on luck. However the effect it has on me is nothing compared to Will, who has full body convulsions and screams obscenities at the top of his voice when he loses. This is quite entertaining to watch, mind you.

Don't you hate it when you find a website that has a picture of something you're interested in, and it says 'Click for a closer look!' or some other cheery invitation. So you click on the image and...it opens a new window and shows the exact same image at the same size. Seems pointless.

I just tried to turf the dog off my bed. You'd expect a greyhound to be somehow graceful and elegant in it's movements, like an athlete or dancer, right? Well, somehow he managed to slip and fall flat on his face in the most ridiculous way possible. Reminds me of the time he fell off the bed sideways and ended up wedged on his back beside the bed. I had to lift up the whole bed so he could scramble out underneath, but looking back, it was quite funny because he just looked so surprised.

No comments: