Sunday 27 May 2007

Linux, NFS shares and Star Wars

Spent a quiet day geeking it up. I spent quite a lot of time playing with my dual PIII Linux machine. It now has a 160gb IDE hard drive installed which it is sharing over the network. I found that it is a lot better to use NFS for the Mac as then it's basically Unix talking to Unix. It is also sharing the drive over Sambda, allowing Windows machines to access the same drive. All good fun. Strangely enough though the machine refused to boot unil I took the 2nd processor out, then it was OK again, even with the 2nd processor put back in. Odd. It's been fine ever since.

When I wasn't fiddling with the Linux box, I watched some Star Wars. The proper ones, not the prequels. It's been a while since I watched them, so that was fun too.

It rained all day so couldn't really take the dog out for a walk, but we did trundle round the fields in a brief period when it wasn't raining. Once again he got all excited about some rabbits, but failed utterly to catch them.

No comments: