Wednesday 9 May 2007

"It looks like toxic waste with an attitude"

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday. Now that is worrying. 30 is looming close on the horizon, which probably sounds a silly age to be worrying about. But it's just not an age I'll be used to. Thirty years old. Three decades. Still, that's a year away. I remember my Dad telling me how shocking it was to be 70 in 2004. Scary stuff. I hope if I make it to 70 I'll be in as good condition as my Dad is. Mind you he's always been a keen runner and cyclist and is to this day, and is one of those frustrating people who can eat and eat and stay rail thin. However I inherited his eyes and his sense of humour and the rest came from my Mum who is basically the total opposite, so I'll have to work harder to keep fit...

Work was average today. Yet another HP with a failed hard drive. They are always Maxtor drives that fail. Crappy crap crap.

I posted a picture of my bass guitar collection on a forum, and for some reason, my oldest and ugliest bass was the most popular! My very first bass, bought in 1993, it was dismantled many years ago and badly refinished by me. One guy on the forum loved it, saying 'it looks like toxic waste with an attitude'. I LOVE that, and it looks like the bass now has a new name. The attached picture is of the bass in question, click on it to see the full-size image and experience the radioactive green delight. It actually plays OK but sounds like poo. I could never get rid of this bass, though I might stick a decent pickup in it and rewire it if I get bored enough.

Cannonball by The Breeders
- hadn't heard this for AGES. What a great track.

No comments: