Monday 27 February 2012

Meh

A curious day. Work was OK, and nothing had gone horribly wrong in my absence. I was taken to the Welsh shop in town which is a curious place, it looks small from outside but then has a curious passage to a large room at the back, and then an awesome labyrinthine cellar with loads of cool stuff.

At lunchtime saw an advert on the work noticeboard for a free mountain bike, a 6-year old Specialized Hardrock. Somewhat amazingly I was the first to inquire so I got to go and pick it up after work. If it hadn't been left out in the rain for goodness knows how long, it would be in well used but good shape, but the brakes, gears and chain are rusty and the suspension fork looks to be siezed. But the frame is sound and the main bearings seem OK, so with a few bits and pieces it should hopefully be easy enough to get it going again.

I'm far too unfit to ride a bike at the moment especially with my knee, so a nice long-term project will do nicely, hopefully ready by the summer, depending what it needs.

Tired now. It's been a long but satisying day.

No comments: