Saturday 18 February 2012

Rah

This morning headed into town to take my 360 hard drive transfer kit to Rob so he could move the data from his old Xbox with the knackreed drive to the shiny new slim model he'd got. Except it's the 250gb version so it's not shiny. Not sure why they only have 4gb and 250gb model with nothing in between.

After that spent some time pissing about with Samba on Linux on the spare laptop in an attempt to make it share an external hard drive to the other machines before getting pissed off and just hooking up to one of the Windows machines instead. I HATE Samba with a passion, once it's configured, sure, it's fine, but getting it to a state where it works is such a pain in the arse. The configuration file and options are a bastard and getting permission conflicts between Samba and the filesystem are a pain. FreeNAS worked fine.

After that, did some stuff on Mass Effect, mainly some of the side missions and finally had a tantrum at the new Belkin router which is shit. I've found out that any sustained data transfer over the wireless interface makes it reboot. Not an issue with Internet access, but when I'm trying to back up the M11x over the wireless, the router will crash and reboot. There is a firmware update on the Belkin website, but it won't install saying it's not the correct version for the router, even though the page and filename match the model number.

At least my knee is at last back to normal except a little tender spot. I'm hoping I'll be able to start going to the gym again soon and I want to get a new programme set up. Also I should see if there is any way of strengthening my knees and hips.

I knew Dave Mustaine had become a born-again Christian but I never realised until today just what a bigoted prick he actually is.

No comments: