Sunday 26 February 2012

Mood improved

Well, after the angst ridden post of yesterday I feel better today. I found that while the indicator in the Prelude is now a bit loose, the impact had shattered the bulb. One new one, and the indicator is now working again. Also I've washed the floormat that got curry but the carpet may be permanently stained in the car. I can't believe we eat that stuff after seeing how it goes when it's dry. Now I'm feeing I should learn to make my own curry, would probably be healthier and cheaper.

After our Linksys router got killed by a power surge last December, it was replaced by a supposedly high-end Belkin. Unfortunately it was a new model and from what I can tell hadn't been tested at all. It would reboot randomly at least twice an hour, and I could consistently make it crash by attempting to copy data over the wireless connection. Enough was enough so I went out and bought a Netgear that cost half what the Belkin did, but so far has been rock solid. The Belkin can go back.

While out getting the indicator bulb and router, I actually saw someone in a Hummer H2, apparently oblivious to how ridiculous they looked. Somewhat surprisingly though, the driver actually used the indicators, and managed to park it in a space without touching any of the lines.

I had a quick look at the new Sun on Sunday paper, but gave up when I could feel my intelligence decreasing by the page, total garbage.

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not too bad actually, but probably could have been shorter.

The only downer today is that I've busted my knee again when I was putting the indicator bulb in. I knelt down and put too much weight on it and now it's really painful again.

Watched a programme on iPlayer called The Tube after Andy recommended it. It's quite interesting but I don't envy the people who have to work in the stations at night on the weekends.

No comments: