Wednesday 8 February 2012

Motivation

Well, the last couple of days have been interesting. I had a kind of awakening, and finally realised that I've been spending a LOT of time on the Xbox, and not really achieving anything. I guess this could be because I've spent quite a lot of time being ill since December but now I feel better, I should be doing things.

Well, this evening I did something about it. I stripped down the Atom machine, rebuilt it into a spare tower case since the fan in the Mini ITX case PSU was dead. So it's back up and running. After that I dug out the Precision M90 with the custom paint job and started to build it up into the ultimate retro gaming machine as I had thought about doing a month or so ago. So far it can run Megadrive, SNES, N64, GBA, Amstrad and Archimedes games. It's actually a good machine for it since the built in sound system is decent and it has a good screen. Also, remembering my experience with the Inspiron 9400, I set up a program to keep the fans going. Need a spare wired Xbox pad since Windows works with it automatically and it works well with emulators.

Whether this actually counts as achieving anything or not, I don't know, but at least it wasn't just sitting there in the armchair not moving except for my hands on the Xbox controller. I'm not going to stop playing on it entirely, but I need to spend more time doing things.

Need to start exercising again. I feel really crap in that regard at the moment. I need to get back to the gym and perhaps look into doing some more exercise at home too with weights. I did some way back in 2007 and it really helped I think.

No comments: