Monday 25 June 2007

Argh

It rained today. A lot. I drove to work quite happily and did my thing until after lunch, where I had to travel to a nearby office. I opened the door of my car to find at least two inches of water on the front seats (which have waterproof covers). The sunroof was leaking. It was leaking so much that it was very nearly a constant stream of water. It's never leaked so badly and this was because until 3 weeks ago I had never opened it. But when Andy, Rob and I went to the zoo with Ed, it was very very warm, and Rob insisted on opening the front sunroof. It made no difference to the heat in the car, but obviously broke the seal. The rear sunroof appears to be OK.

The rain just got heavier and heavier in the afternoon, so I came home with a damp arse. Not particularly fun. I hate extras on cars, last year the driver's side window motor died while the window was down, on a rainy day. Pointless gadgets that just cause more aggro.

In theory I should have been in London this week attending the 'AIX Jumpstart for Unix Professionals' course. But IBM canceled it due to not enough people signing up. The guy I'm doing Unix with was doing another course the same week, arranged deliberately so we wouldn't be bored, so now he's stuck down in London by himself for a week.

Looked at http://www.rightmove.co.uk/ and there was not a single thing that I could even remotely afford locally, which is depressing.

Just tried to play Wii Tennis and started to lose badly and hurled the Wiimote across the room. Good thing they're pretty strong, it's not so much the controller you worry about when this happens, but whatever it hits. Tried to have a play with Ableton Live, but again got angry and turned it off. It seems to be one of those days where nothing seems worthwhile and the air clangs with oppressive failure. Once again nothing achieved. Sometimes it's hard not to feel like a pathetic loser.

No comments: