Friday 15 June 2007

Hot Fuzz, Chinese Food, Farting and Second Life Crossdressing

Ironic that my post about Batman and Optimus Prime getting it on was my 69th post on this blog.

Sat through a remarkably dull course today, which was only enlivened by a colleague farting loudly during a particularly quiet moment and it being blamed on someone else entirely, causing much indignation on her part and hilarity amongst everyone else who (in theory) should know better. It was like being back in school, going red trying not to laugh. Then again farting is always funny, it's one of those universal rules.

The Hot Fuzz and Chinese evening was a great success. Myself, Will, Lorna and Em piled into Andy's house, armed with the Tai Wing Express menu and a copy of the Hot Fuzz DVD.

We watched some peculiar music videos while we were eating, including Kiss, Cradle of Filth, and Living on the Edge by Aerosmith. Also 'Dr Feelgood' by Motley Crue, again, a sad disappointment after 17 years. The food was great, between us we had Sweet & Sour Chicken Ball, Shredded Beef with Chilli, Szechuan Chicken, Chicken Fried Rice, and a whole lot of chips. And the free Prawn Crackers. I still feel full now. We asked for no vegetables with the beef, so to compensate they went insane with the garlic. I shudder to think about tomorrow.

Hot Fuzz stood up well to a repeat viewing. I'm not sure if I prefer it over Shaun of the Dead, both are excellent films.

Please can everyone take a look at the image of the bass guitar I have attached to this blog. It's the MusicMan Bongo and was designed by some BMW engineers. It constantly gets slated for its looks, often compared to a toilet seat, though it sounds amazing. I played one in January, and absolutely loved it. So what do you think? Toilet seat, or a good looking bass?

I accidentally applied a shape called 'Heroic Firefighter' to my Second Life character, transforming my carefully sculpted athletic figure into some bloatedly muscled retard with a huge chin. Took a while to get it back to normal, and for a laugh I put him into a silky black dress with matching high heels and 8-ball earrings. That caused a somewhat hilarious double-take and cry of 'Holy Crap!' from someone I bumped into while still in male clothing, and then again in the dress.

Tired now, must sleep.

No comments: