Thursday 7 June 2007

My Dad's Birthday

Work was as per usual. I am now booked on a course called 'AIX Jumpstart for Unix Professionals'. Should be fun. It's a week down in London towards the end of June.

My Dad's 73rd birthday was today, and so I went over there this evening to drop his presents off. It's quite scary to think he's that old. I remember his 60th and how that seemed like a mad event. I got him a couple of presents as he didn't ask for much, one was a classical music CD and the other was a copy of 'Second from Last in the Sack Race' by David Nobbs, which is a very entertaining book. We had a copy many many years ago, but it was lost, but I was able to get another from Amazon Marketplace.

Also he and his wife have invested in a Samsung 40" LCD TV - can't wait to try the Xbox 360 out on that as it is full 1080p. It's a new model and the picture is really good, even when it's showing normal TV.

If you drive a metallic green BMW 318i compact and were near Llanddulas this evening, it is NOT clever to go all the way round a mini roundabout without indicating what you're doing. In the future, indicate, that way you won't nearly get hit by three cars in every direction.

The irrelevant picture today is hedgehog babies. Aww. I love hedgehogs, our cats found one in the garden many years ago, so we brought it in the house. It uncurled after a while and it was a lovely little thing.

No comments: