Thursday 28 June 2007

Boredom, Ostrich Farming and an illicit Chinese

Work was dull, nothing spectacular happened. Had a call which went something like 'Our Printer Hath The Flashing Light of Evil, Woe is Us for it is the Unspeakable Paper Jam of Death!'

One button press and off it went, causing a great shout of dismay.

THIS is the best thing I have read all week, a huge flock of plastic ducks roaming the oceans for the last 15 years. Brilliant!

Ostrich farming has always intrigued me, because ostriches are quite worrying creatures. They are up to 8 foot tall, can run at 45mph, bad-tempered and irritable, and can eviscerate a man with a single kick. And all of this is powered by a tiny, tiny brain. They make nice burgers though. When we went to the zoo a few weeks ago, we saw some Rhea. They're similar to Ostriches, but smaller, and apparently much more manageable and even friendly. They're rather cute in fact.

Badminton tonight was good, played badly at first but got into it after a while. It was good. But on the way home I had a sudden URGE for food. So I pulled over, and phoned in an order for a portion of Sweet & Sour Chicken Ball from a Chinese. After I picked it up, I parked on the side of the road and ate it there and then. It was really really nice too. I also occasionally got dripped on, it was raining and I haven't had a chance to look at the sunroof yet.

No comments: