Sunday 10 June 2007

Update on yesterday


Ed's stag do was perhaps not your typical stag do, there was no excessive alcohol consumption, no strippers, and no cross dressing. However, there was a visit to Chester Zoo, followed by copious amounts of burgers and sausages. After this, five lightsabres were produced, causing people to emulate the Star Wars films with varying degrees of competency. All in all, a fantastic day which carried on until about 1:30am.

Pictures can be found here. I wasn't hugely fussed about commenting them as most of them are reasonably self-explanatory. There are also some movies, but my camera seems to save them in some gimpy AVI format that my Windows 2000 machine won't play and crashes my Mac. So it might be worth downloading VLC, which will play pretty much anything.

Just how cool are giraffes? They are absolutely amazing creatures. I looked them up on Wikipedia and they are basically like nothing else. Especially when they run, it all looks so precarious but it's somehow so graceful at the same time.

Today I hooked up my Xbox 360 to my Dad's 40" Samsung TV. It does full 1080, and I have to say, it looked really nice. I used the VGA connection and the image quality was very, very good. It was a world away from my little 21" CRT, but surprisingly enough, when I hooked it back up at home, I didn't recoil screaming from the small, blurry image. I mean, it's not great, but it's fine for the time being. I don't want a new TV anyway, there's more important things to worry about. If I did get a new screen, it wouldn't be a TV, I don't want any form of TV reception. If/when I get a house or something I have decided that I don't want to receive any form of TV as it's 99% total shite. If there is a good series, I'll wait for the DVD.

No comments: