Monday 4 June 2007

Gah, Monday


Today was warm, and annoying, and just typically Monday. Strangely enough, after my lack of sleep, I was able to get through the day easily enough, and feel OK even now.

Work was fairly routine, although my test machine in work came in very handy (a not very old laptop with a smashed screen that nobody wanted) which runs various VMWare virtual machines. It's useful for testing software issues as the virtual machines can be broken utterly, and then restored with a single click.

The office was typically warm and uncomfortable, and so I was tempted to get drinks from the cold can machine. Sadly the new one is crap and only has five drinks, and Fanta Zero isn't one of them. So Diet Coke it was. To make things worse, I (voluntarily!) had a Pot Noodle for lunch, mainly to get revenge on my colleage who had some sort of revolting pasta cup thing. It was actually WORSE than a Pot Noodle! So a nutritionally horrific day, all in all, though I did manage to avoid the hypocritical vending machine. Why hypocritical? Because they keep trying to promote healthy eating and then stick a vending machine in the building full of chocolate and crisps.

There was a massive chemical explosion in Crewe, and some guys I used to work with were working 500m away from it. They kept sending camera phone pictures of fireballs and smoke - scary stuff. More about this here.

Hair...getting bigger...wilder...more...powerful...nearly...ALIVE...

Currently listening to 'This Love' from the Pantera album 'Vulgar Display of Power'. I got this album when I was about 13, when it was first released. It was the first album I got that wasn't an Iron Maiden one, and it blew my mind. It is a stunning album.

Now it's playing 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' by Iron Maiden, which is another track that really had an effect on me. It's an epic 13 minutes long, and really, really good. That came from the 'Powerslave' album.

Just had a VERY weird experience...I was searching in Google Images for a picture of a smashed LCD. I went through a few pages, and a picture of a Land Rover 101" Forward Control came up. Curious as to how this could possibly be relevant, I clicked on it - and was greeted with my very own blog. As in this page. How utterly weird. I think it's because I linked to a page on a 4x4 site and also mentioned the Xbox 360 looking good on an LCD, and the word smashed was there too when I referred to a laptop with a broken screen (the one mentioned above in fact). How utterly bizarre and very circular and strange. Google works in mysterious ways.

No comments: