Tuesday 24 July 2007

Life is not a malfunction (but that depends on your point of view)

One of the Johnny 5 robots from Short Circuit was on Ebay. Full size and complete. Amazing. For some reason the auction was cancelled, but some cool pics are here. There are rumours of a remake using CGI. That would be disastrous. Part of the appeal of the old films is that there actually is a real live (well, not quite) robot in all the scenes. I always wanted one of the toy robots from Short Circuit 2. Interestingly the Wikipedia article indicates that Short Circuit was supposed to be a dark thriller with the robot as a villain. That could have been interesting. 'My name's Johnny 5, motherfucker!' *zap*

Also I hate Rubik's Cubes. I can get so far using the layer method and then invariably screw it up trying to do the last layer. Bloody things. Here's someone solving one in 12.30 seconds. Here's the same guy solving a 5x5x5 cube. I have one of these too, but I hate that even more than the normal one. The 2x2x2 is trickier than you'd think, but he can do that quickly too.

Currently listening to 'Whole Lotta Rosie' by AC/DC from the AC/DC Live album. Absolutely amazing track. I think I've mentioned this before, but every time I hear this track, I want a Gibson SG and the ability to play it like Angus Young.

No comments: