Tuesday 17 July 2007

Unix and a big meal

Today was my Unix day. Well, mainly Unix but tape backups too. It's a complex system, trying to work out why it doesn't like a certain tape, and where it thinks it is compared to where it actually is, can be tricky. The tape library is quite fun though, watching it move tapes around is entertaining and the way it picks up and spits tapes out is quite funny.

After work, met up with my Mum and my aunt and uncle, as my Mum is graduating tomorrow. So we're all going to Bangor to watch, which means another day off work. Yay. We picked them up from the little hotel in Trefnant and went to the Brookhouse Mill in Denbigh for a meal. I had some vegetarian meal which was quite nice, followed by a really good chocolate fudge cake. Also embarassingly ran into the owner of the company that I used to work for, who made 13 other people and I redundant in November 2004.

Another Rammstein video, called Stripped. Apparently a cover of a Depeche Mode song, and has a video made up of footage from the film Olympia. Controversial because it was filmed at the Olympics which took place in Germany while Hitler was in power.

And following on from my post about Real Men liking Robocop, here's a list of why Real Men love the Fifth Element.

Payday tomorrow too, hurrah.

No comments: