Monday 2 July 2007

Oh well

The weather was truly stupid today. Went out with the dog in the rain because I had had enough of not going out, and was resigned to getting wet. Typically it stopped raining after a while and the sun came out and then I was too hot in my coat. Also the Idiot Hound may have fleas again, which means it's bath time for him. You have to lift him in one foot at a time, but to be fair he doesn't struggle or fight.

This was a good idea, an online version of that game where you tell a story by saying a word in turn. Unfortunately someone submitted it to Digg, so it's gone rather strange. It's quite funny in it's incoherent obscenity though. Unedited version here, and the edited version here. A quick sample:

"Elvis is transforming into a banana shaped like a banana . Banana banana hammock ThisIsYourBossGetBackToWork OkSorryBoss. "

Or:

"Anyways, how old is my dog WilliamShatner when he warps through my pajamas . However you might enjoy Linux because it is is is is is is is is is is is is is CCCCOMBOBREAKER WIN! WIN! WIN! Anyway I love my my NINTENDOSIXTYFOUR! FUCKYEAH!"

Or even:

"She protested when the nasty taste reached her mouth and she looked amazed at the huge throbbing monster in my pants . Wow! She screamed as she bounced on my trampoline . After a while she died again and again and again and kevinrose died too. "

I found my HP 95lx today, which was fun. I got it in New York 2 years ago, apparently brand new old stock. I binned the box and manuals to save weight coming home, but the machine is in good nick. I always quite liked the HP lx series. As a miniaturised PC, they were an interesting contrast to the Psion Series 3 range which was designed to be a portable machine from the ground up. I suppose the modern equivalent is the OQO or Sony UX series, a full PC crammed into a tiny case.

No comments: