Thursday 23 August 2007

Bizzarenessnessness

Work was unspeakably tedious yesterday and today. Last night I felt so demoralised I couldn't even sum up the energy to write an entry. I just vegged out in front of Futurama DVDs again. This evening I came home a bit early feeling absolutely shattered for no apparent reason. Despite the nice weather I didn't even feel up to taking the dog out for a walk, although I did play with him outside for a bit.

What is happening to this country? Nearly every other day you hear of some kid being shot, stabbed or otherwise attacked, usually by other kids. It's insane.

Bought a Caterham CSR 200 in Test Drive. It's like a mad go-kart, basically an engine and some wheels with a couple of seats bolted on. It reaches it's top speed of 167mph ludicrously quickly, reacts favourably to being hurled round corners and is just hilarious. While not as fast overall, it's far more fun than my Lamborghini MurciƩlago and was ludicrously cheap in comparison.

Finished Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters. It's not a bad series. It basically tries to be Harry Potter with Greek Gods. It's a nice idea, but the books are definitely meant for kids and it doesn't feel like it's going to change and become more serious like the Potter books did.

Image is of a double neck version of the 1951 Fender Precision Bass reissue. It looks OK except the necks are too close together. Sadly it's not real, it's something I put together in the GIMP. Mind you it's impossible to play a double neck without looking like a total dick unless you're Jimmy Page with a Gibson EDS-1275. But can Steve Vai pull it off with an Ibanez triple neck? You be the judge. Worth watching just because of the funny faces he pulls.

I can hear gunshots outside. Damn farmers with shotguns. Not sure if they're after rabbits or foxes or what.

When Nintendo announced the Wii controller, I stated with certainty that the console would be a complete failure. Fortunately, I was proven completely wrong, having not learned from the success of the DS, which I also predicted would fail horribly.

No comments: