Friday 3 August 2007

SCRANCHGAN

GTA IV has been delayed until 2008! This calls for a whole new word to be added to the GAN dictionary - SCRANCHGAN, which can be defined as the awful sensation when FANYGAN unexpectedly comes true and it feels like your naughty bits are being dragged along a rusty pipe.

Also with the extra time involved, the likelihood of Xbox 360 failure increases. Also (sad I know) Will, Rob and I took time off specially for the UK release date.

Pissed off with my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A40 (2.6ghz Celeron, 768mb RAM). Don't get me wrong, other than being a bit bulky, it's a great machine but the thing that lets it down is the integrated Intel graphics. Laptops with decent graphics cards are not all that easy to get hold of and tend to be expensive Mind you, do I really need a new laptop? No, the Toshiba doesn't get much use as it is since I got the dual-headed Dell Precision workstation.

The Purge has been a dismal failure so far. Sometimes I also want (not need!) a new phone, but my Nokia 7610 is so ultra-reliable and solid, I haven't yet found a suitable replacement.

Newer phones are shinier, prettier and have more features, but invariably seem more fragile. I don't like hinges or moving parts, but the ones I dislike the most are the sliders. If you're going to introduce a mechanical weakness by having a moving part, why still leave the screen exposed? My 7610 has been dropped countless times, trodden on, accidentally kicked across a road, had wine poured in it, been left in the sun, rained on and generally mistreated, and the only thing it's needed is a new shell. The only fault is the battery, which doesn't hold a very good charge any more and the camera isn't great. In fact I may look for a new battery for it.

Off to Andy's house fairly soon for Pictionary and hopefully healthy food.

Anthrax video from the 80's
- cue big hair and pointy guitars!

No comments: