Friday 24 August 2007

Have YOU been BioShocked?

Work was the same as the last two days.

I came home to find a shiny copy of BioShock waiting for me. Having played it for something like five hours straight, it's pretty good. It's not quite as revolutionary as I hoped, but it's still a pretty good game. The presentation of it is very good, graphically it's got to be the best game I've seen on the 360, even on a standard TV. The different abilities are good and the way they can be combined with regular weapons is pretty cool.

The developers call it a spiritual successor to System Shock 2. I never played that, but I did play the original System Shock, which was an amazing game. It combined Doom like gameplay with puzzles and a really good story. It's one of the few games I played completely through more than once.

So if you have an Xbox 360 or a PC capable of running it, give BioShock a go. Preferably the 360 version, there's been reports of trouble with activation and things on the PC version.

I wish my computer would stop saying 'Alert! Previous Fan Failure' every time it is turned on. It's done this since the second Xeon CPU was added, but it's never crashed and neither CPU seems to be overheating. Gimpy.

Busy weekend coming up. Seeing my Dad and cousin tomorrow and then it's Rob and Em's wedding on the Sunday, followed by recovery on Monday. Hurrah for bank holidays.

A two headed calf. Odd. Apparently it had to be euthanised since it couldn't stand and it's lungs collapsed.

No comments: