Sunday 5 August 2007

A weird dream

Feeling extremely tired at the moment. For some reason I woke up at about 2:00am and had one of those dreadful contemplative moments where I examined every aspect of my life and found it lacking. So to take my mind off it I started to read a book that Rob lent me called Eisenhorn. It is very thick, and when opened, has distressingly small print. So it may take a while. I did eventually get back to sleep, but not for a while as the bit I read of the book was pretty decent.

After that, I had a very peculiar dream. I was driving along with Will in the Discovery, when I got out without realising the car was still moving. I stood there stupidly and watched it disappear down the road, with Will still inside. Eventually it came to a halt after running into the bank. I caught up with it and berated Will for not stopping it earlier . I got back in and carried on as it didn't appear to be damaged. However it became apparent fairly quickly that the brakes weren't working. This then quickly became a problem as the engine died at the top of a long hill. So we ended up trundling down this hill with no brakes, going faster and faster and with no way to stop. I don't remember what happened after that, but it was a very peculiar dream. Probably caused by playing too much Flatout yesterday.

Will and I went to the car boot this morning as the weather was pretty good. It was big but full of the usual crap that you find there, stuff that you can't imagine why people bought in the first place.

Didn't do much else, watched a couple of DVDs and tidied up the Discovery. I also rebuilt the Toshiba laptop with a fresh install of Windows XP and set it up to dual boot that and the RC version of Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. It seems to run quite nicely although the graphics effects it has are very slightly too much for the graphics chip. Also for some reason when typing in Firefox, it lags really far behind and you have to wait for it to catch up.

No comments: