Tuesday 28 August 2007

I hate money and my face hurts

Back in work today. I was really annoyed that I got the day Rob and Em were going to Paris wrong. I'd have liked to have gone with them to the airport. Especially as today in work was supposed to be my Unix day and due to various silly things happening, it was a completely futile day. Check out Rob's blog, he's already updating it from Paris.

I don't like BlackBerrys. Silly things.

The day was made worse by one of my my idiotic wisdom teeth swelling up and causing pain again. My bottom wisdom teeth are only 'partially erupted' as my dentist put it and every so often they swell up. It's not worth doing anything about it but when they do this it's a real annoyance. Supper this evening was a jacket potato with beans and cheese, nice and sloppy.

Today I was suddenly made horribly aware that my financial position is worse than I thought it was. Two simple words, preceded by suitable expletives (f**king s**tty credit cards) is all you need to know about that. I am going to be very poor for the next few months.

It was that bad, I thought about selling the Discovery. Yes, that bad. Of all the cars I've owned, it ranks in joint 1st place with the Pimpmobile, I like it that much. The problem is that I need something small and economical, but which has good ground clearance and ideally four wheel drive. Such things do exist, but not in my price range. If I were to buy a normal car, any savings on fuel and insurance would soon be eroded by the inevitable damage from the track. I have to admit though, if I didn't live where I did, I wouldn't own a 4x4.

I have formulated a plan to get things back on track. No, it doesn't involve selling my body on the street.

Oh yes, if anyone liked the Famous Five as kids, be sure to check out the new TV series where they'll be all grown up and middle aged, with a descendant of Timmy the Dog. Yes, you read that right. It sounds unspeakably awful.

Played some more BioShock. I'm really liking it. There's a lot more to it than most FPSs. Yes, it's basically blasting away enemies, but at least it lets you do it in lots of new ways. Also I'm enjoying the storyline too, which is good.

No comments: