Monday 20 August 2007

Sport Utility Diarrhoea

In January I had a brief go on a MusicMan S.U.B bass. Despite being well used, it played nicely and I rather liked it, but I remember thinking it looked really crappy as the paint was all textured and weird and it had a weird pickguard that looked like chequer plate. I only just found out that it is supposed to look like that as S.U.B stands for Sport Utility Bass. On the plus side it plays and sounds like a StingRay but is lot cheaper.

But it's like those ridiculous Land Rover branded pushchairs that they sold a few years ago with big knobbly tyres. Why does everything have to be Sport Utility? Sport Utility Chairs, Sport Utility Computers, Sport Utility Cake, Sport Utility Buttocks?

That reminds me of a weird dream I had recently, where for some reason I left the Discovery parked up in London, and it was stolen. Myself and some friends googled the registration number and found a blog of the people who had stolen it and were posting videos of themselves joyriding around London in it. This prompted the formation of a task force to track them down and get it back. I don't remember if we succeeded, but it was quite fun. I'm sure there was a car chase involved somewhere.

No comments: