Thursday 2 August 2007

Tired and bored

A bridge collapsed in Minneapolis - unbelievable! That must have been terrifying for the people on it. It's just insane how the whole thing just fell straight down.

Talking of collapsing bridges, the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse is worth watching, where the suspension bridge started to twist due to the wind. It's such a weird image to see the very road itself twisting from side to side.

Spent most of the day feeling very tired. I think I had a disturbed night's sleep as I distinctly remember a very weird dream where I was living in China. My Dad came to visit me and was rather disconcerted by the lift to my apartment which was basically a wicker basket lifted up by four bits of string. It spun around as it went up. Odd. I don't remember much else about the dream.

Played Test Drive a bit more, got some more money and bought a new house and a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. Quite nice but easy to spin out at high speeds.

The image is of a shedload of Xserves and even more Xserve RAIDs that Apple set up at an exhibition or something. It looks pretty but I shudder to think what the back of the cabinets must look like.

No comments: